Market Conditions for: Hawaii (Big Island)
Reported by Kelly H. Moran, CCIM, CIPS, REALTOR
As of December 22, 2009
September 19, 2009 to December 19, 2009
* There are 60 homes listed for sale, with a list price range from $175,000 to $7,750,000
* The median list price of homes is $627,500
* There are 9 homes in escrow, with a list price range from $50,000 to $675,000
* There have been 9 homes sold, with a sold price range from $140,050 to $529,000
* The median sold price was $296,000
* The median days on market to sell was 60 days
* Selling price to Listing price percentage was a median of 94.6%
ZIP Codes: 96710, 96728, 96724, 96773, 96780, 96781, 96783
Approximate Location Boundaries: From Paukaa (North of Hilo) to Laupahoehoe
Location Characteristics: This geographic area stretches from Paukaa (which is just north of Hilo), to the town of Laupahoehoe. There are a wide range of property choices within this area, including beautiful sites with streams, waterfalls and ocean views. This is where much of the island’s farming takes place. The predominant soil type is a deep silty clay loam of volcanic ash origin, and is ideal for diversified farming activities. This vibrant greenbelt has lots of open rural space with a relatively low population base. It is one of the preferred areas with ideal lifestyle living conditions.
About Kelly H. Moran:
My Client-First Philosophy:
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real estate professional – integrity, in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing savvy, effective negotiation skills and a high-quality professional network, all of which are hallmarks of how I work.
That said, in my experience as a Hilo real estate professional, I’ve also found that providing the very best service is essentially about putting my clients first. This means keeping myself accessible, being a good listener as well as a good communicator, and responding quickly to your needs.
This “client first” philosophy has always been my approach and it requires me to continually improve my skills and ways of doing business. In addition, I’ve found that the latest technologies are enabling me to do everything I’ve always done, only much more quickly and efficiently. They’ve also helped me to extend the range of services I provide to my clients.
So when you decide that you’d like to buy or sell a home in the Hilo areas, please contact me.
A Little About Kelly:
– Kelly created Hilo Brokers, Ltd. in 1992.
– He has lived in Hawaii for 30 years and sold real estate here for over 20 years.
– Kelly is a graduate of the University of Hawaii at Hilo (UHH) with degrees in Tropical Agriculture and Political Science.
– Currently Kelly is teaching Real Estate Finance at UH-Hilo.
– His areas of expertise in real estate include: commercial real estate sales, agricultural properties, real estate investments & development, as well as residential and vacant land sales.
Kelly was one of the first REALTORS to incorporate the Internet as a real estate sales tool. He saw the potential of reaching people world wide, and is currently developing an international division within Hilo Brokers, Ltd.
He is a dedicated tennis enthusiast and community volunteer who shares his time between the towns of Hilo and Kamuela, where his young sons attend school.